The Baby Show Contest Rules
This contest is intended for the residents of Canada, excluding the Province of Quebec,
and will be interpreted according to Canadian law.
1. “The Baby Show Contest” (the “Contest”) is sponsored and administered by Blue Ant Media Solutions (“The Baby Show”) and the Prize (as described below) is courtesy of Indigo Books & Music Inc. (the “Prize Provider”). Prize Provider and its affiliates, and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration, or execution of the Contest or the selection of winners.
2. The Contest begins on January 24, 2019 at 10:00AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends at 11:59PM ET on March 22, 2019 (the “Contest Period”).
3. The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding the province of Quebec, who, at the time of entry: (i) have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence; (ii) are expecting; and (iii) have a due date after April 6, 2019.
4. The Baby Show, and the Prize Provider, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or representatives, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household with whom they are domiciled may not enter the contest. For the purposes of these Official Rules, “immediate family member” means spouse, including common law spouse, father, mother, son, daughter, brother and sister of the entrant, regardless of where they reside.
How to Enter
5. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. There is one (1) way to enter the Contest:
Online Entry. To enter the Contest, at any time during the Contest Period simply fill out the form located here with the following information:
- First name
- Last name
- Due Date
- Mailing Address
- Email address
- Daytime Telephone Number
- Evening Telephone Number
All eligible entries are referred to as an “Entry”.
6. By submitting an Entry to the Contest, each entrant acknowledges that they have read and understood these Official Rules and agree to abide by and be bound by them.
Entry Limitation and Verification
7. Limit one (1) entry per person per day.
8. Entrants must be expecting, have a due date after April 6, 2019, and must include the required information set out above. The Baby Show is not responsible for any late, incomplete or misdirected contest entries.
9. Entries are subject to verification at any time and may be disqualified if they are late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, irregular, forged, submitted through illicit or unauthorized means, not original to the entrant, or if they contain any false statements or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of these Official Rules. The use of any device to automate the entry process is prohibited. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. The Baby Show reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual for any reason whatsoever, including any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest.
10. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
11. There are FIFTY (50) prizes available to be won, each consisting of admission for a winner and one (1) guest to attend the 2019 Indigo Baby Shower (each a “Prize”), to be held on Saturday April 6, 2019 from 11:00AM ET – 1:00PM ET at the Enercare Centre located at 100 Princes’ Boulevard, Hall B, Exhibition Place, Toronto, ON (the “Event Location”). The total approximate retail value of each Prize is $100 CAD and is subject to the conditions and restrictions set out herein.
Prize Redemption Restrictions and Conditions:
12. Each Prize winner (a “Winner”) and her guest will be responsible for all other expenses not included in a Prize, including, entrance fees to the Event Location, parking fees and transportation to and from the Event Location.
13. The Winner and her guest must abide by all Event Location terms and conditions. The Baby Show and the Prize Provider reserve the right to revoke any full or partial Prize from the Winner or the Winner’s guest who it, or venue personnel, deem may, in its sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law, or may bring The Baby Show or the Prize Provider into disrepute.
14. The Prize must be accepted as awarded, without any representations, warranties or conditions whatsoever and The Baby Show expressly disclaims any and all such representations, warranties and conditions. The Prize is non-assignable, non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable and is not convertible to cash. The Baby Show reserves the right in their sole discretion to substitute the Prize for a prize of equal or greater value (based on the approximate retail value of the Prize as stated in these Official Rules), including without limitation a cash award, if the Prize cannot be awarded as described herein for any reason. All details and other restrictions of the Prize not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by The Baby Show in its sole discretion.
15. At 10:00 AM ET on March 23, 2019 (the “Draw Date”) at The Baby Show’s head office located at 130 Merton Street, Toronto, Ontario M4S 3G9, one (1) random draw will be conducted by The Baby Show to select fifty (50) potential winners (each a “Selected Entrant”) from all eligible Entries submitted during the Contest Period. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period.
16. Each Selected Entrant will be contacted on the Draw Date via e-mail at the email address submitted with Entry (the “Notification”).
17. Before being declared a confirmed winner of the Prize (“Winner”), each Selected Entrant must, within two (2) business days of the Notification:
a. Confirm compliance with these Official Rules;
b. Successfully answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of The Baby Show, be administered online, by e-mail or other electronic means, by telephone, or in The Baby Show’s form of declaration and release);
c. Sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release (“Declaration and Release documents”) to be provided by The Baby Show, which:
i. releases the Promotion Entities from any liability, losses, damages and expenses which may be suffered or incurred in connection with this Contest or the Prize; and
ii. consents to the use, without further consideration, of his/her name, city and province/territory of residence, comments and photographs or other likenesses for publicity and promotion purposes by the Promotion Entities in any and all forms of media and waives all rights (including moral rights) with respect to printed, broadcast and other forms of publicity.
18. If the Selected Entrant: (i) does not meet the above requirements, or (ii) is unable to satisfy any of the eligibility requirements set out in these Official Rules, such Selected Entrant will be disqualified from the Contest at the sole discretion of The Baby Show and the Prize will be deemed forfeited by that Selected Entrant and such Selected Entrant shall have no recourse toward The Baby Show, Indigo or any other person or entity involved in the Contest. In the event that no Winner is found eligible from the initial draw, a repeat draw will be conducted from all remaining eligible Entries in accordance with the process set out above. This process will be repeated until a Winner has been declared for the Prize. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each Winner must be confirmed by no later than: 5:00PM ET on April 3, 2019, otherwise the unclaimed Prize(s) will be null and void.
19. Once a Selected Entrant is confirmed to be a Winner, she will be advised by The Baby Show where and how to redeem her Prize.
20. If a Winner indicates to The Baby Show they will not be able to collect their Prize, the Prize will be deemed forfeited by that Winner and The Baby Show reserves the right to award the Prize to an alternate Winner who has been selected and qualified in accordance with these Official Rules.
21. The Baby Show reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (a) violating the Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (d) for any other similar conduct. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, The Baby Show reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Limitations of Liability
22. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, stolen, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled or irregular entries, or for any entries not received or not processed for any reason, including any technical or human error.
23. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in these Official Rules, other Contest-related materials, including without limitation, printing or advertising errors, failure of or problems with any other equipment or programming associated with or used in the Contest howsoever caused.
24. The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any: failure of or problems with the Internet; problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; failure, interruption or delay of any entry or e-mail to be transmitted or received or processed, including failure resulting from technical, human or other error or theft; technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to an entrant's computer or to any other individual's computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material, regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; any communication not received due to an entrant’s spam filter, user’s system or internet connection; and late, lost misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential Winner.
25. The Promotion Entities are not responsible if any factor beyond their reasonable control, including weather, event cancellations, strike, lockout or any other labour dispute at their locations or the locations of any other organization or business whose services are used to fulfill this Contest, prevent the Prize or any component of the Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, the Winners will not be provided with a substitute Prize or a substitute component of the Prize, as applicable, except at The Baby Show’s sole discretion.
26. Under no circumstances will the Promotion Entities be required to award more Prizes than what is indicated in these Official Rules or award the Prize other than in accordance with these Official Rules.
27. Each Winner is solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any taxes related to receipt of a Prize.
Protection of Personal Information
29. By entering the Contest, each entrant acknowledges that the Promotion Entities may communicate with entrants via e-mail with respect to communicating the results of the Contest and the awarding of the Prize. No marketing communications will be received by entrants unless entrants provide The Baby Show and Indigo with explicit permission to do so.
30. This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest and these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
31. The Baby Show reserves the right to modify, suspend, terminate or reinstate the Contest or the Official Rules at any time, without notice, and for any reason. If the Contest is terminated, in whole or in part, before the designated date, The Baby Show reserves the right to select the Winners in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
32. All entries become the property of The Baby Show and will not be returned and no correspondence regarding the Contest will be made with or entered into except with the Selected Entrant(s) and each Winner.